The first step for setting up any WebOS for Signage display is to ensure the time and date are correct and you have a working network connection.
Once you have an internet connection on the device and the time / date are correct, you'll need to access the Server Settings for the device, which are accessed differently depending on which version you have:
For LG WebOS 2.0 and 3.0:
- ACCESSING SERVER SETTINGS VIA HIDDEN MENU
- On the remote controller, press and hold the SETTINGS button until a toast appears in the upper right corner to notify that your input has been received.
- Enter 8080, and press the OK button.
For LG WebOS 3.2 and 4.0:
- ACCESSING SERVER SETTINGS VIA MENU
- On the remote controller, press the SETTINGS button
- Select Ez Setting > SI Server Setting
For all LG WebOS for Signage Displays (2.0, 3.0, 3.2, 4.0):
- SETTING SERVER SETTINGS FOR EMBED SIGNAGE
- Set ‘Application Launch Mode’ to ‘Local’
- Set ‘Fully Qualified Domain Name’ to ‘On’
- Enter the domain as ‘http://embed.cloud/lg/embed.zip’
- Set ‘Application Type’ to ‘ZIP’
- Set ‘Local Application Upgrade’ to ‘REMOTE’ a pop up should show to upgrade app. Press ‘Confirm’ if your device is connected to the internet and everything is working as it should it should say ‘Upgrade Completed’
- Reboot your device - the application will now install and embed signage will run