With the embed Android 4.0.2+ app, there are various versions which are suited to different Android devices. If you're installing embed via the Play Store, the version will be served automatically to suit your device. However, if you're side loading the app to the device, you'll need to make sure you've got the right apk version.
Here are the apk versions and a quick guide to what's suitable:
- embed armv7 apk = armeabi-v7a - most common architecture (ARM Cortex-A5, ARM Cortex-A7, ARM Cortex-A8, ARM Cortex-A9, ARM Cortex-A12, ARM Cortex-A15, ARM Cortex-A17)
- embed arm64 apk = arm64-v8a - best for performance on ARM 64-bit architecture (ARM Cortex-A35, ARM Cortex-A53, ARM Cortex-A57, ARM Cortex-A72, ARM Cortex-A73)
- embed X86 apk - rarely used (Intel 32-bit processor-based devices)
- embed X86_64 apk - rarely used (Intel 64-bit processors-based devices)
- embed armeabi apk - rarely used (very old ARM architecture products, only for devices pre 4.4 android)
How do you find the correct information on your Android device:
There are several ways to find the details of your Android device to ensure you side load the correct apk.
1) Check the manufacturer technical specifications for the device. Use the mhanufactacturer tech spec sheet or Google the make and model and look at the tech specs for the CPU in the device.
Search 'MAKE + MODEL OF DEVICE + CPU BIT' and you'll likely find the info for CPU info online.
2) Use third party apps to view this information. One called Droid Hardware Info on the Play Store is a good place - here's how it works:
Download and install, then open it. Slide to the System Tab, then look at the details under 'CPU Architecture' and 'Instruction Sets' to find the relevant apk for the device.
Now you know which version Android app you need, you can download the apk via our downloads page to install on your device to begin making great digital signage.