You can display either a live stream or a YouTube video by coping the URL of the video and adding the YouTube widget into a zone.
Retrieve Video Information
Firstly, you will need to retrieve the URL or the ID of the video or stream you wish to show. You will need to copy this and use this when configuring the widget.
Add to Layout
Select your designated zone and enter the zones playlist by double clicking on the zone, or click 'Edit Zone Playlist'. Click 'Widget' and select 'YouTube' to insert the YouTube widget.
Once the widget has been added to your zone you will be able to configure its settings. This can be done by selecting them from the playlist items summary or from the options on the right hand side once the pencil icon has been clicked.
(To find out more about these settings, click here)
This widget has a few settings that will need to be configured and are as follows:
- Youtube URL or ID - Simply enter the URL or the ID of the YouTube video or stream
- Autoplay - Determine whether you wish the video to autoplay or whether a user will have to manually start the video
- Show controls? - Select whether you wish to show the video controls - such as play/ pause buttons etc
- Volume - Choose the volume of the video (this is not the volume for your device)
Once you are happy with your widget, click 'Save Changes' to go back to the zones playlist. If you have finished with the playlist, click 'Finish Editing Playlist' or the 'X' in the top right hand corner to go back to layout builder overview.
The following devices are compatible with this widget:
- Chroms OS
- ONELAN (does not support YouTube live streams)