You can display the date, set on your device, by adding the date widget into one of your zones.
Jump to Data Widget section of video at 24:48 or click here: 24:48
Add to Layout
Select your designated zone and enter the zones playlist by double clicking on the zone, or click 'Edit Zone Playlist'. Click 'Widget' and select 'Date' to insert the date widget.
Once the widget has been added to your zone you will be able to configure its settings. This can be done by selecting them from the playlist items summary or from the options on the right hand side once the pencil icon has been clicked.
(To find out more about these settings, click here)
Now that the settings have been configured, you can customise how the date is shown and its formatting settings. Do this by clicking the blue 'Customise' button on the right hand side.
Here you can change the following settings, to decide how your date will show.
- Date Format - Choose which parts of the date to show (day, month, year)
- Day Format - Day shown in full or short (Wednesday, Wed)
- Month Format - Month shown in full, short or number (February, Feb, 2)
- Year Format - Year shown by either four or two digits (2018, 18)
- Separator - Specify a symbol to separate the parts of the date (Optional)
By highlighting the date you can customise how it looks by changing the formatting settings. Things such as the font, font size and colour, amongst other things can be changed.
Once you are happy with your widget, click 'Save Changes' to go back to the zones playlist. If you have finished with the playlist, click 'Finish Editing Playlist' or the 'X' in the top right hand corner to go back to layout builder overview.