1) - Set up Excel File
Complete your excel file with all of your data, we recommend having a designated row for columns headers, which differentiate the columns of data. These will be used when you select which data you want to show.
Below is an example of an excel spreadsheet. This spreadsheet has two sheets one for 'Breakfast' and one for 'Lunch'. Each sheet has three columns of data for 'Type', 'Dish' & 'Price'.
2) - Select Dynamic Data plugin
Log in to your embed signage account, select 'Dynamic Data' from the left hand sidebar. If you don't see this option, please contact us and we can add the plugin to your account.
3) - Add your file to your account
You will now see your sources page, this will display all of the dynamic data files uploaded to your account. From here you can upload, view, update or delete any source. Click 'Add new data source' at the top right of your account.
4) Fill out the information
- Source name - Give your source a name, for your reference.
- Source type - Select your sources type. ('Excel/CSV')
- Auto publish - Select whether your data is auto published to your online device(s) when updated.
- Manual or FTP import? - Select whether you will update your data manually or whether your data will be updated via an FTP, where you will then have to fill out the relevant information.
- Upload Excel or CSV file - Here you either drag and drop or select your file from you computer to upload.
5) - Configure your data
Once you have filled out the relevant information, click 'Add Source'. You will then see an overview of your file with all your data. As you can see, your headers from your spreadsheet are also your 'headers' for your source.
There are a few options that you need to configure:
- 'Use a header row' - Set this option to the row containing your column headers.
- 'Use as item title' - Used for configuration settings and helps identify a row.
- 'Use as item ID' - Only relevant if you are using device specific items or adding custom columns. This uses the chosen column to match the row of data with the existing row, device and custom columns.
Once you have configured your sheets, click 'Add Source' to import your data. You will be taken to your 'Sources' page. Here you will see the source you have just imported, where you can view(eye icon) or delete(trash can icon) this source.